Friday, June 11, 2010

BOGO was NO GO

Some of you may have read my posting yesterday (I've since modified it and you'll understand why) about wanting to make room for more fabric. I had a BRILLIANT idea ~ have a BOGO Sale in my Etsy fabric shop. Simple concept.....Everyone knows what BOGO is (Buy One Get One)......Shouldn't be a problem.......right??!!

So I put an announcement at the top of my shop (with a link to the Sale Section) and I posted an ad with a photo of rows and rows of my sale fabric bolts (about 150 bolts in the pic). In the ad I explained that my Sale fabrics were now Buy One Yard Get One Yard Free. I even included a link to the Sale Section of my shop to make it super easy to see and buy the Sale fabrics.

Sounds good so far, right?? Well, let me tell you it didn't go as planned. Such a simple idea should have resulted in many people getting great deals on fabric and me getting more room in my Cottage.
I was bombarded with question after question after question. Everyone was confused.

It really went down the tubes when one nice lady bought the listing that was the ad for the BOGO Sale!?! I have no idea what fabric she thought she was buying since there were over 100 bolts in the photo but I guess she liked what she saw.

Stay tuned ~ I'll be trying the BOGO Sale again next week as soon as I figure out how to make it hassle free for both my customers and me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Sorry for you...hope you get it figured out soon!

    ReplyDelete